- Organization: Fresh Air Fund
- Causes: Kids
- Date(s): July 2 - 9 July 23 - 30 July 30 - August 9 (10 day trip) August 9 - 16 (Trip dates are flexible if hosts choose to choose a 2-week trip instead.)
- Contact person: Jenae Holtzhafer
- Phone: 484-350-9300
- Email: LVFreshAir@gmail.com
- Website: www.freshair.org
We are so excited to be kicking off the 137th summer for the _Fresh Air Fund_ - a not-for-profit organization that allows NYC children ages 6-12 to visit a new place in the summer. The rewards are endless for both the city child AND the hosts.
The experience truly changes lives in amazing ways! Make a difference!
Simple things like peach picking, going to the community pool, taking a walk in the park and driving to the grocery store in the car are some of the most memorable experiences for these children. They will never forget their time with you, even if it's just one week.
Hosts can be singles, couples, empty nesters or families with children of their own. Fresh Air Fund pays for the city child's transportation and assures they are covered on all insurances.
All children go through an application process including a physical exam. Children qualify for the program based on financial necessity.
Our goal for Lehigh and Northampton Counties is to grow our host base from 65 to 100 hosts this summer.
If you can't host, please let us know if you can help in other ways:
- Assisting us at our Fresh Air Fund table at several upcoming events.
- Be an escort on our private Fresh Air Fund buses as the children travel to and from the Lehigh County area. (All expenses paid for escorts.)
- Help us with planning fun events for the children and hosts during their summer visits.
- Work with us to increase our outreach or fundraising efforts.
Contact Jenae Holtzhafer at LVFreshAir@gmail.com for more info. Visit www.freshair.org to read a bit more about the history and success of the Fresh Air Fund. Also, please visit our local _Lehigh County Facebook page_ and follow us on Twitter @LVFreshAir.