Quiz: How Much Titanic Trivia Do You Know?
Test your knowledge of Titanic trivia with our 100th anniversary quiz.
It's been 100 years since the Titanic hit an iceberg, sank to the bottom of the frigid North Atlantic and became an enduring topic of fascination.
The anniversary of the April 1912 disaster is being observed with memorial cruises, a TV mini series, a wave of new books and an auction of Titanic artifacts. The Parkland Community Library hosted "The Titanic: a Salute through Dance" April 12, at the Jordan Lutheran Church Family Center, 5103 Snowdrift Road, Orefield.
Here's a quiz to test your knowledge of Titanic trivia.
1. What shipping company launched the Titanic?
- Diamond Line
- Tri-Star Line
- White Star Line
2. Where was the Titanic was built?
- Belfast, Ireland
- Manchester, England
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
3. Where did the Titanic sail from?
- Cherbourg, France
- Southampton, England
- Halifax, Nova Scotia
4. How many anchors did the Titanic have?
5. Who was the Titanic’s captain?
- Edward Smith
- Bruce Ismay
- James Cameron
6. How many people – passengers and crew – survived the sinking of the Titanic?
7. How long did it take for the Titanic to sink to the ocean floor after it broke apart?
- 25 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 45 minutes
8. What was the name of the ship which rescued Titanic survivors?
- The Olympia
- The Belgravia
- The Carpathia
9. What later became of that rescue ship?
- Sank in a violent storm at sea
- Torpedoed by a German U-boat
- Used for scrap metal in World War I
10. How many people were rescued from the water after the lifeboats launched?
11. How many lifeboat spaces went unfilled?
12. How many people perished in the sinking?
13. The wreckage of the Titanic was discovered in what year?
14. Actual items from the Titanic up for auction this month include which of these:
- Deck chair
For more Titanic trivia, visit these websites: