Target Announces Black Friday Deals and Earlier Opening Time
Target joins national retailers like Walmart and Best Buy and announces its Black Friday deals.
Add Target to the list of retailers opening earlier on Black Friday. The store announced it will open at 9 p.m. In 2011, Target doors opened at midnight but this year it appears to have succumbed to the Black Friday Creep.
Walmart recently announced it would open at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving and is even going so far as to offer online maps to make it easier for shoppers to get to the deals they want.
Best Buy also revealed their deals but they will still open at midnight on Black Friday and distribute vouchers for deals to people waiting in line.
Stakes are high for retailers still smarting from Hurricane Sandy losses. The National Retail Federation predicts holiday spending will increase only $9 from last year to $749.51 and about 20 percent of spending is expected to happen over the Thanksgiving weekend.
The store gave a sneak peak of Black Friday deals. Check out the list below:
· Apex 32” LCD TV, $147.00 (except AK/HI)
· Nikon L310 digital camera, $99.99
· Nook Simple Touch e-reader, $49.00
· Select classic board games, $7.00
· Select hit DVDs, $10.00
· Beats Headphones, $179.99
· Sony PS3 250MB Game System, $199.99 (includes console, two games and a wireless controller)
These are the 4 a.m. Doorbuster deals:
· Samsung 50” 1080p LED HDTV, $699.00
· Canon A3400 Camera Bundle, $89.99
· Fisher-Price Doodlepro Classic, $10.00
· Leapfrog Explorer Software, $15.00
The store also released this year's holiday hours:
· Nov. 22-23: 9 p.m. (Thursday) to 10 or 11 p.m. (Friday)
· Saturday, Nov. 24: 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
· Dec. 24: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
· Dec. 26: 7 a.m. to 10 or 11 p.m.