The Lehigh Valley Coalition for Health Care Reform will present "Everything You Wanted to Know About How ObamaCare Will Affect Your Health Care Delivery (But Didn't Know Who to Ask)" at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Bethlehem Area Public Library.
The program will include insight from health care providers into how President Barack Obama's health care reform bill will:
- Reduce access to care
- Inhibit the doctor-patient relationship
- Take medical decision-making out of the hands of medical professionals in favor of government-mandated "essential benefits" and "best practices"
The event will feature:
- Laureen Cummings, Republican candidate for the redistricted 17th Congressional District seat formerly held by Rep. Tim Holden, and CEO of the Lorimar Home Care and Staffing Service in Old Forge. Cummings is a nurse and founder of the Scranton Tea Party.
- Dr. Joseph Grassi, a Lehigh Valley physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist. He will focus on what doctors have learned about the new law since its passage and what it will mean to consumers.
- Dr. Thomas Bonekemper, a retired internal medicine specialist and past medical director of the Allentown VA Clinic, will also talk about the new health care law's effect on doctors and patients.
- Nurse Terry Ingalsbe, a member of the LV Coalition for Health Care Reform who actually read all 2,700 pages of the PPACA, will talk about how aspects of the PPACA in addition to measures enacted even before its passage will replace doctors' and nurses' best judgment with government mandated "cookbook" medicine.
Registration is available online at
Live streaming video of the forum will also be available at
The Lehigh Valley Coalition for Health Care Reform is a non-profit,
non-partisan grassroots coalition of concerned citizens and health
care professionals committed to educating the public about the Patient
Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) and other measures and
policies impacting America's health.