There's snow in the forecast along with a big chill that will keep daytime high temperatures from rising out of the 20s for the rest of the week in South Whitehall. Wind chill will make it feel as cold as -2 today.
An arctic air mass is bringing the coldest weather so far this season -- perhaps even colder than anything we experienced last winter, according to the National Weather Service.
The higest temperature expected this week will be a very nippy 27 degrees on Saturday.
There's snow in the forecast for Wednesday, Thursday night and Friday:
- Wednesday: A chance of flurries. Partly sunny, with a high near 22. Wind chill values as low as -2. West wind 8 to 13 mph.
- Wednesday Night: A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11. West wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 25. Northwest wind 8 to 16 mph.
- Thursday Night: A chance of snow, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Friday: Snow likely, mainly after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 25. Chance of precipitation is 60%.