Officer Darvin Faust was named the Parkland School District's School Resource Officer.
Faust's role, in addition to being present at school board meetings to ensure safety, will entail running the district's middle school D.A.R.E. program and educating students about the dangers of bullying.
"It's going to be a big year for D.A.R.E. in the middle schools," said board member Lisa Adams.
The Drug Abuse Resistance Education (D.A.R.E.) program has been taught in Parkland elementary schools for several years.
The new staff welcomed to the Parkland School District were:
- Tim Chappelear, Ironton Elementary School
- Jennifer Worman, Sarah Liebelsperger and Dan Ryan,Fogelsville Elementary School.
- Lindsey A. Marsh and Allison Ball, Jaindl Elementary School
- Patrick Murphy and Melissa Ricci, Orefield Middle School
- Kathryn Roland and Patrick Sutton, Parkland High School
- Matthew Carlson, School Psychologist
Jason Henry, Supervisor, Secondary Curriculum and Instruction
Beth Breiner, Coordinator of Educational Technology
Andrew Weber, Supervisor of Special Education
Kelly Rosario, Director of C & I and Professional Development
Jeff Bartman, Assistant Principal, Springhouse Middle School
Tamara Stavenski-Bennick, Assistant Principal, Parkland High School