- The South Whitehall Township Zoning Hearing Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday. Hotel Hamilton LLC. seeks zoning relief to use four lots formerly occupied by the King George Inn, Burger King and Carvel Ice Cream Stand (3051, 3125 and 3141 Hamilton Blvd.) as a Coordinated Development. The appellant seeks variances on maximum building height, street right-of-way widths and parking lot setbacks and spaces from the 215 required to 190 spaces. The appellant also seeks a review of the ordinance that currently does not provide for extended stay motels.
- Concert in the Park featuring Lucky 7 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m Friday at Covered Bridge Park.
- The Parkland School Board will meet at 7 p .m. Tuesday the administration building, 1210 Springhouse Road.
- St. Joseph the Worker School in Orefield starts classes Monday.
- Jewish Day School starts classes Wednesday.
- The Parkland High School varsity football team opens its season with a home game against Delaware Valley at 7 p.m. Friday at Orefield Middle School.
- The Parkland Community Library will hold its Books Into Movies discussion group 7 p.m. Wednesday at the library.
- Parkland School District orientation starts this week:
Cetronia Elementary School: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday
Jaindl Elementary School: 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Wednesday
Parkway Manor Elementary School: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday
Schnecksville Elementary School: 5 p.m to 7 p.m. Wednesday
Ironton Elementary School: 1:30 p.m. Wednesday (new students) and 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Friday (returning students)
Kernsville Elementary School: 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday
Kratzer Elementary School: 10:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Thursday
Fogelsville Elementary School: 1 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Thursday (new students) and 1:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday (returning students)Springhouse and Orefield Middle School new student orientation Thursday. Bus picks up students at regular time noted on bus cards. Students depart home at 10:45 a.m.
Parkland High School 9th Grade/new student orientation Wednesday. Bus picks students up at regular time noted on bus cards. Students depart home at 11 a.m.