Here's what's happening in and around South Whitehall this weekend:
- The Parkland High School football team, tied for first place in the Lehigh Valley Conference with a record of 4-1, will travel to Nazareth Friday night for a 7 p.m. kickoff. The game will be carried live on Service Electric TV2.
- Springhouse Middle School Dance-a-thon will be held from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday.
- Grumpy's Bar-B-Que Roadhouse hosts Jake Kaligis and the New Constitution on Friday night, and Scott Marshall and the Hillbilly Souls on Saturday night.
- Parkland High School winter sports physicals will be held Saturday morning at the high school.
- Step Out 5K Run/Walk against domestic violence is 10 a.m. Saturday at the Lehigh Parkway.
- Daytime Book Group. Discuss "The Weird Sisters" by Eleanor Brown with the Parkland Community Library's new daytime book group for adults. 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at the library.
- VeloFest, the nation's largest outdoor cycling flea market,returns to Valley Preferred Cycling Center in Breinigsville Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Shoppers will find a wide array of new and used cycling gear and bike parts. Admission for the public is $8. Wristbands can be purchased in advance at the Valley Preferred Cycling Center office, or at the gate the day of VeloFest.
The West End Alliance will host their sixth annual West End Oktoberfest from noon to 10 p.m. Saturday on 19th Street between Liberty and Allen streets in the city’s West End Theatre District. The festival – the largest neighborhood street festival in the city -- will feature live music from a variety of acts all day, art and craft vendors, and food from a variety of local restaurants and eateries. For the second year, Fegley’s Allentown Brew Works will bring a one-of-a-kind Oktoberfest lager to the festival. For more information visit www.westendoktoberfest.com