The Halloween revelry kicks into high gear this weekend in and around South Whitehall Township.
It’s already been Halloween all month at Dorney Park, but that comes to an end after Sunday.
The next three days will be your last opportunities to enjoy Boo!Blast during the day and Halloween Haunt at night in the amusement park.
Trick or Treat night in South Whitehall is from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday.
The Greenawalds Fire Co. will host the annual Halloween parade starting at 1 p.m. Saturday. There will be awards for the best costumes in several categories. Costume registration begins at noon.
Later on, at 6 p.m. Saturday, the Asbury United Methodist Church, 1533 Springhouse Rd. (corner of Walbert Ave. & Springhouse Rd.) is hosting Trunk or Treat, a fun event where children can parade from car to car in the church parking lot, collecting candy. There will also be free Fall photos, music and food.
Here’s what else is going on in and near South Whitehall this weekend:
- Parkland's Middle Schools present their school plays—Robin Hood at Orefield, Dr. Doolittle at Springhouse—Friday night at 8 p.m. Dr. Doolittle repeats Saturday at 2 and Robin Hood repeats Sunday at 2. Tickets are $5.
- The Iron Lakes Country Club, 3625 Shankweiler Road, hosts a Masquerade Gala to benefit Multiple Sclerosis at 8 p.m. Friday. A $50 ticket includes a buffet dinner and an open bar. There will also be a costume contest, Chinese auction and a 50/50 raffle.
- If you really want a Halloween fright, might we suggest the League of Women Voters candidates’ night at the Lehigh County Government Center in Allentown? County Executive candidates Scott Ott, a Republican, and Tom Muller, a Democrat, are both planning to attend. So are the candidates for county commissioner in District 2—which includes South Whitehall—incumbent Republican Percy Dougherty and Democratic challenger Susan Ellis Wild. Attendees can submit written questions to the candidates, which may or may not be answered. It all gets under way at 7.
- The Sands Bethlehem Event Center hosts a night of mixed martial arts cage fighting with the XFE, starting at 7:30 Friday. The fight card features the organization’s heavyweight title fight. Tickets are from $47 to $125.
- Legendary guitarist David Bromberg brings his considerable skills to the Musikfest Café, Friday at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $49 and $39.
- Sammy Hagar, the former lead singer for Van Halen, brings his band the Wabos to the Sands Bethlehem Event Center at 8 p.m. Saturday. Tickets are $85 and $65.
- Dennis DeYoung brings the Music of Styx to the Musikfest Café at 8 p.m. Sunday. Tickets $64 and $49.