Orefield Middle School
Orefield Middle School is one of two middle schools in the Parkand School District. Over the past half century, the school had been home to many grade levels, including high school. However, beginning in 1999, major renovations were made to configure the school for middle school education. In 2009, Orefield students' overall proficiency in reading, math and science exceeded both district and statewide averages.
- Fax: 610-351-5799
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1954; major renovations in 1999-2001
- Number of students: 1,162
- Public/Private: Public
- Parking: Free lot
- What makes this community special?: Strong academics, extracurricular activities.
- Grade levels: 6 - 8
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Activities are plentiful. They include sports, band, chorus, science, TV station, plays and musicals, peer mediation and the school newspapers.
- Sports teams: Sports include boys' and girls' basketball, wrestling, football, field hockey, softball, cheerleading, lacrosse