The National Weather Service says we can expect another blast of Arctic cold this week.
High temperatures are expected to hover around 20 degrees or so Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and nighttime lows are expected to drop toward single digits all three nights. Wind chills could even drop below zero on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Here is what else is going on in South Whitehall this week:
- The Parkland School Board will meet in a workshop session at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Administration Building on Springhouse Road. A revenue and staffing update will be given by the Director of Business Administration John Vignone and Assistant Superintendent Dr. Rod Troutman. Kelly Rosario, Director of Curriculum, Instruction and Professional Development, will provide an overview of a new elementary report card format. The regular business meeting will get under way at 8 p.m.
- Would you like to refresh or practice your Italian? Chat with native speaker Rita, during an informal conversation at the Parkland Community Library at 7 p.m. Wednesday. Enjoy some light refreshments as well in this informal setting.
- Spend a fun afternoon swapping knitting tips and tricks at 1:30 Wednesday in the Parkland Community Library. Just bring your knitting materials and enthusiasm. For knitters of all ages and skill levels.
- The South Whitehall Township Zoning Hearing Board is scheduled to meet at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in the municipal building on Walbert Avenue. The King George Inn project is at the top of the agenda, though it may again be continued.
- Learn how to protect your children from Internet predators at a special public education session at 6 p.m. Thursday at Springhouse Middle School. The presenter is Special Agent Janene Holter. No video recording is allowed.